Multiplayer server setup
To launch a multiplayer server on any system, you need to have .NET Core 2.1 Runtime installed. It's supported for the many operating systems including Windows, Linux and Mac. To install .NET Core 2.1 Runtime please visit Microsoft .NET Core Downloads and select Runtime Installer for your operating system. Follow the installation steps to setup the game server.
How to host your own server:
- (0) Download the game server runtime from AtomicTorch.com and extract it.
- (1) The server executable is located in the extracted subfolder: "Binaries/Server".
- (2) Launch the command line (or PowerShell in Windows) and navigate to this folder (hint: in Windows you can simply SHIFT + Right-click on the "Server" folder in Explorer and select "Open PowerShell window here").
- (2) Start the server executable first time with
dotnet .\CryoFall_Server.dll loadOrNew. The server will start and create the world.
- (3) Enter
stop 0and press Enter key. The server will save and quit. Now you have the "SettingsServer.xml" and "ModsConfig.xml" files.
- (4) Now you need to modify "SettingsServer.xml" to set unique server name, make it private if needed, set other settings, etc...
In SettingsServer.xml, do not modify misc and network parts! It may cause malfunction if something is set in a way it is not intended to be.
You may, however, modify <server> part on your own risk. There you can setup some server configurations that would affect gameplay.
Starting the server:
- (0) Launch the command line (or PowerShell in Windows) and navigate to this folder (hint: in Windows you can simply SHIFT + Right-click on the "Server" folder in Explorer and select "Open PowerShell window here").
- (1) Start the server executable with
dotnet .\CryoFall_Server.dll load
- (2) Stop your server by typing
stop 60 My shutdown message goes hereand pressing Enter key any time (it will save the world before stopping).
This feature is not implemented yet and coming soon.
The server commands list and operators access setup instructions are coming soon.